Day 1: 7/16/2010
Started going through lesson 1 on the beginner's course at www.justinguitar.com. It's an awesome site that shows neat ways to practice, and fun songs for beginners to play... well, once we get good enough to play them. What I'm working on lately is an exercise called "one minute changes" in which I switch back and forth between two chords for one minute and count how many times I can switch. The three chords I'm currently practicing are the D chord, the E chord, and the A chord.
One minute switches
A to D: 29, 30, 33
A to E: 27, 33, 28
D to E: 28, 31, 40
Started trying to play Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. It's not going so well. Whenever I switch chords, they end up sounding hideous. Should probably practice more one minute changes tomorrow.
Day 2: 7/17/2010
More one minute changes. More Three Little Birds. More finger pains. More awful chords. You'll probably notice my number of switches actually going down. That's because I sort of changed up the criteria of what was acceptable as a switch. No longer did I count chords that sounded muted or all around shitty. It kind of sucks to see that speed go down, but no point in playing the chord fast if you can't play it correctly.
One minute switches
A to D: 36, 22, 40
A to E: 32, 26, 24
D to E: 46, 28, 25
Fuck. This sucks. Why can't I be good at guitar instantly?
No comments:
Post a Comment