Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Favorite Beer

I'm supposed to be doing my physics homework right now, but I thought that instead I should update all of you who read (see: nobody) about my favorite beers!  Most of them are microbrew specialties from around Wisconsin, so I think I'm going to have to take them to Seattle with me when I leave this summer!  Gotta stock up now, bitches, 'cause booze ain't cheap in other parts of the country.

Spotted Cow - What can I say, it's probably the easiest to sip and most widely accessible beer on this list. I feel it's light enough and smooth enough that almost anyone could drink it.

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale - A barleywine ale that's full of flavor and packs a fuck of a whallop at 9.6% alcohol by volume.  Two of these puppies make me feel a little heady, but thankfully they're thick enough that you can't pound them down too quickly.

Central Waters Mudpuppy Porter - Delicious, dark, and smooth. There's really nothing to complain about here. If you like dark beer, try this one. Actually, you should try all of Central Waters' stuff. It's all good.

Blue Moon on tap - Holy shit, if this isn't the best tap beer I've ever had.  It's nothing like it is in the bottle. Rich, fruity, delicious. Drink it with an orange wedge and you're good to go.

There's others that I love, and one particularly that's slipping my mind. It's a porter made with vanilla beans that just hits the spot on some of the colder days of spring.  Fresh enough, but heavy enough at the same time. Tasty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment